I know I should know better but when I fried my SD card I lost the work I was doing on my google music player. That’ll teach me for not backing up my work.
To avoid this situation in the future I have signed up to github and will be maintaining the work in a repository there.
not having used git before, and as I’m still learning python I have created a couple of repositories:
Anyway, my adventures continue…..
Well on my way to a cluster…..
So I didn’t blow up my pi after all, looks like the issue is the SD card. so the new pi although welcome was not actually needed yet.
Well I’ll continue my Google music player project; albeit more careful with the electronics next time. I guess it will mean I can optimise the OS for use in the project ensuring that it has only what I need to run the software, not of the other stuff I may have installed since I got it.
GPIO label keying for #raspberrypi
I got one ot these when I ordered my new pi
Think I might have fried my pi with this setup - probably has a short somewhere. Also the pi seems to have eaten my SD card. Anyway new upgraded model ordered already. I must be more careful with the new one.
Just few hours after making my Raspberry Pi visible to the world, i.e. creating web server, I’ve noticed that my device is being attacked from the outside world. Running
cat /var/log/auth.log | grep Failed
command, revealed numerous attempts to get into…
Kind of makes me a tad worried. May be time to implement some better security.
Music at last
After a couple of weeks thinking about this project and tinkering with code I now have audio coming from my Raspberry Pi.
- Design the interface, remembering that this has to be easy enough for my wife to use without complaining.
- Create some playlists in Google Music.
- Refactor the code to be more efficient, and add more features.
- Investigate the interference coming from the audio port, it looks like the power supply may be the issue. Does anyone have any ideas of a cheap power supply that will not interfere?
Well that was a wasted evening…
So my Google Music Player project is progressing and I thought that is was about time that I actually tried to play a song through the pi.
Well lets just say it didn’t work so I spend the entire evening trying to figure out what the issue is to no avail. In the end I blindly copy the command I’ve been running all evening as I can’t be arsed to find it in my history and it only f’ing works.
turns out I’d forgotten to add myself the the audio group hence no audio when I didn’t use sudo.
Google Music Player
I think I’ve finally come up with a project that I can really see progressing past the breadboard into a full blown solution.
I saw an article a couple of weeks back about a guy who was creating an internet radio/google music player in an old radio casing. A few months back I migrated my music to Google Music but it’s really annoying having to have the laptop/pc on to listen to music.
So my idea is this, use the python google music api - an unoffical api to access the music from google before streaming it. I’ll make use of the 16x2 LCD screen I got a couple of weeks ago and some buttons to drive a menu system.
I intend to, once I’ve perfected the code and prototyped the hardware, to house the pi and screen in a nice housing. It will however necessitate the purchase of a new pi.